Friday, December 14, 2012

Give me time... TIME!

Alright all, so I know that all six or seven of my faithful readers out there are wondering when the review of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey will be ready... I am working on it.  I will likely begin writing the review over the weekend, and finish it after a second viewing of the show, hopefully next Tuesday.  So expect a review some time around then. A bit of a first taste, here is what I said on the Fandango review.

To all the people out there looking at what is coming out around Christmas and contemplating which movie to go see, the answer is simple: GO TO THE HOBBIT!  This movie is a beautiful compilation of incredible story, fantastic acting, beautiful cinematography, and tasteful CGI.  What makes this film so amazing is the fact that story comes first.  It remains remarkably true to the book, with much of the script coming straight from the pages of Tolkein's classic.  What liberties that were taken were mainly functional, designed to give the film a sense of urgency and movement more suited to a film than to the rambling beauty of the book.

Well, back to reality... for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment