Friday, January 11, 2013

'Ello from Oxford

Hello everyone,
As you can obviously see from the title, I am currently blogging from the University of Oxford.  Technically, I am blogging from the Gladstone Link, the underground connecting tunnel between the Radcliffe Camera building and the Old Bodleian Library.  I know, I sounded ridiculously pretentious there, didn't I.  There is a point to this snobbery, however, which is to say; since I will be frantically writing about twelve pages of essays a week for the next eight weeks, please do not be disappointed if I don't take the time to write another page or two for you, my lovely readers, during that time.  Oxford being Oxford, I am planning on devoting as much time to making my genius come out on paper instead of online.  If I do find I have extra time over the course of the next term, I will of course, try to get something up for you about Les Miserables, however, with my schedule, just realize there are no guarantees.  Well, I really have to get back to my paper on Tolkien's concept of the eucatastrophe as applied to George MacDonald's novel Lilith.  By the way, if anyone has a chance to read Lilith, or Tolkien's essay On Fairy Stories, it is well worth it to do so.
Well, back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment